- Will I need to provide proof of my proficiency in English?
- How many courses/credits can I take in one semester?
- Can I learn Turkish at Bilkent University?
- When can I expect to receive my Letter of Acceptance?
- What type of visa is required for exchange and visiting students?
- When are the deadlines for applications?
- Do I have to pay tuition fee?
1. Will I need to provide proof of my proficiency in English?
Bilkent University is an English medium University. Therefore, applicants are required to provide a proof of their proficiency in English by presenting a letter issued by their home University International Office indicating that they can follow the courses in English.
2. How many courses/credits can I take in one semester?
The normal course load is 5 courses with 15 Bilkent credits for Bilkent Students. You can register up to 6 courses. ECTS credits of the courses are available at course offering lists.
3. Can I learn Turkish at Bilkent University?
The Turkish Teaching Unit offers "survival" Turkish course for international students during the Orientation Program.
Students, who wish to learn more Turkish can take "Turkish as a Second Language I or II" for credit in the fall and spring semesters.
4. When can I expect to receive my Letter of Acceptance?
Fall semester applicants receive their Letter of Acceptance in late June, spring semester applicants receive it in early December.
5. What type of visa is required for exchange and visiting students?
All international students are required to obtains student visa before they leave their country for Turkey.
6. When are the deadlines for applications?
For the fall semester and the full academic year the application deadline is 31th of May. For the spring semester it is 30th of November.
7. Do I have to pay tuition fee?
Bilkent University waives tuition for incoming exchange students. All other costs including travel, accommodation, meals, personal expenses, text books, passport and visa costs are the responsibility of the exchange student.
|For your further questions please contact
The Office of Exchange Programs at